Pages

Wednesday 11 March 2020

The Problem

With every footsteps passing by, I grew, getting stronger each time I got ignored. This is how thrive, by their ignorance, I feed on their fear of not facing me. But this is not how I want to be, I unlike most don't wanna grow, it hurts when they let me survive and grow, for I don't even wanna exist 'cause they say 'The less me, the better', but what they don't know is that I am the result of their doings, their insensitivity. They just kept walking by, no one dared end me. Another one came by, he stopped by for a brief moment and my hopes went all high up again. It was until the last moment that I've had high hopes, but he backed up anyway. For a moment it felt that he is the one who would go a step further and help me out. But no, he was another passer by, but no, it was you!


Remember the pup crying out on that cold evening? Lost in those concrete structures which were as huge for his tiny injured paw. All he could do was cry out, and with all the capacity he did screamed his tiny lungs out. No one cared to stop by to those cries, they just blanked him and kept walking. His mother too was nowhere to be seen, all that left was his little hope for any help. You too saw him walking on the same road, you heard him too, you stopped and had a brief look at him. He saw too, and that little hope suddenly went all high up as were his screams. For he believed that the help has arrived, and possibly the end to his sufferings. Little did he knew that you too were coward and did not have enough courage to take a step further to help someone. He realized this too once you too started walking away, but he knew that you may have wanted to help, he saw it in your eyes, but as you did, you ignored and left. But me? I was still there, with every ticks and people passing I grew along with the sufferings of the little pup. Hours and hours passed by, and with no one stopping me I was powerful enough to take the little life out of that pup and I did! It was sad but I had no other option, I had to kill him, and no, I am not the murderer, it's You!

You definitely would remember that coin falling out of that boy's bag boarding the local train in hurry. How he managed to run through the crowd and catch in the earliest local! In the short run though somehow a 5 Rupee coin slipped out of his bag and rolled down the platform. You were there walking past by him staring at the coin as it stopped rolling down and lie there on the platform. The train didn't start as quickly as expected, it was at halt for 50 seconds. This time too, you wanted to bend down, pick up the coin and hand it over to the boy, but again you did not! You choose to ignore once again, thinking somebody else must have seen it too, let them do the work. This time it was only you and your ignorance. You choose to head towards your way, and the train it headed in the opposite direction too. Me? I too went with the train along with the boy. He reached his station and headed towards the rickshaw stand. But wait, now he don't have that 5 Rupees which would add up to the total fare. So he has no other option but to walk those 1.5 miles in the scorching heat to home, and poor boy did not even have that water bottle! Again this time, it wasn't me that made his journey difficult, it was You!

What about the old lady who had asked for help? Abandoned by her family, lost in the city, all she needed was some money to get back to her hometown. You know she wasn't faking it, not that she is asking money for made-up pity reasons, she actually needed help. You've had it in your pocket but you lied, refused and walked away. Not even turning around to get her something to eat at the least. The fate had it, I stayed with her, changing her situation, from bad to worse. She had to wait for another 4 hours until the actual help arrived, but those 4 hours must have been like days for her. The reason again, was You!

There are countless times when you had decided to let me grow and flourish. Whether it be a small lie from your perfect team, being addicted to  something, not expressing to her and many other times.

These were the individual ones though, I have evolved now, I am now in such form that it affects everyone. All those who do not see me will see it now, their every action to ignore will affect. I am summing them all up and the results will have a much bigger impact, for I am now the Global Warming. Let's see how much powerful you would let me be!

Sincerely yours,
The Problem!